a little about me

I am Guylaine Couture, a long time fanatic with everything made with paper. I am curious and I collect all sorts of things of this material to study a folding, a printing technique or a trick to try.

In my life, everything can an excuse to create: my sketchbooks, cards, wrapping paper, etc. As a graphic designer, I always included a spontaneous part into my work: the handwritten titles, pencil marks here and there, I have experimented widely this palette.

My inspiration is in the small things we do not notice. I started making small publications (zines) a few years ago because I have always loved books. My zines allows me to share some stories which I illustrate in my own way. I adore this type of "spontaneous" publication. I must confess, I do multiple versions to get the perfect marriage between contents and containing that pleases me.

I adore the "handmade" and my items turn around this idea. I want to feel the human behind my small production. I make the drawings, I write the texts, I digitize and make my layout sometimes on my computer, sometimes in collage. I print on papers I like and I bind manually. I always work with the material that I have around me: collected papers, illustrations of old books, etc. The idea of ​​giving a second life to all this material is a renewed pleasure every time. 


I also like when it exceeds a little, I like knowing that every product is unique in a way, because I never make the mass things. On an impulse, I make five or six exercise books and then, and then it will be something else. I print my zines according to the demand. On request, I can personalize a product if I have the material on hand.

As an independent designer, I decided to open my shop website in April, 2012. this way, I could give to this shop an ambiance closer to me. I could also offer my items all over the world and accept all currencies. After a few months, I decided to expand a little. I added exercise books, engravings, magnets, etc. in brief, paper objects that I was already doing for me. 

A great pleasure for me is to be in touch with people who like my products and certainly the paper like me. Your comments are always so much estimated because they are very enlightening and encouraging. Rich is my experience to share all this with you. This is why I added a small section " free! " With some items of the season. 

I have a studio in montréal which I share with one of my friends. This place of creation is filled with a multitude of papers, from all sources, many old books, colors and inks, the notes and projects of books to be made. I always develop new ideas, whether it be for my artists' books, my work on paper, a new zine or the items in my shop. The variety of all these creations is very stimulating for me.

* Photos above are from noemie letu.

Commentaires

Messages les plus consultés